Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting Away

Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns and just run with it. That is how it happens in life and you have to make it that way in your marriage as well -- sometimes.  This was one of those times, so I made the plans and then let my lovely wife know she needed to put in for a Friday off; then I let our Pastors know that we would be gone on Sunday so someone else would have to teach; and I let the kids know I was taking their Mother out of town for a few days, so they were on their own.

And we ran away to Seward.

The trip was wonderful, the time together has been fabulous and the fact that Seward is largely a tourist town and it is the "off" season has made it even better.

The picture is of Resurrection Bay taken just outside the Sea Life Center here in Seward.  A picture does not do justice to the beauty and majesty that surrounds us.

Adventures are fun!

No comments: