Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting Old

Spent about three hours last week in the back of a 1979 Cessna 185. It was a nice ride with a good pilot, but my body is just not made for the back seat of a small plane anymore. When I was a young man I could do things that were outside of the "routine" or even down-right abusive, and recoup in an hour or two.
Now I find when I do something outside "routine" it may take me days or even weeks to recover. I guess it is like my Dad used to say, "There's just something about that ol' routine." Anyway, taking this plane saved us (I was traveling with a collegue) over a day of travel, so we left on Thursday around noon and were back home for Friday night and the weekend.  Otherwise, we would have to have left on Wednesday morning at 0dark:30 and getting home by Friday night would have been iffy.

The best thing was watching the bears and whales and eagles as we traveled and seeing a part of the country that I had never seen before. Anyway, I thought I would share a short video with you that I made from the back seat.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments: